Do You Feel Frustrated and Angry When Your House Doesn’t Sell?
You’ve had your house listed with a real estate agent for months, waiting week after week for a purchase offer that never arrives. Now, the house listing has expired and your home is no closer to selling than when you first signed the listing agreement. You’ve lost all that valuable time you can’t get back. How frustrating!
Problems usually come down to one of these reasons:
- Why are you selling and do you really want to sell your house? Maybe you’re not motivated, in which case you would do well to take your house off the market and focus your energy on something else.
Condition of House
- You always want to make it as easy as possible for potential buyers to see themselves living in your home. Therefore, your job in preparing your home is to make it appealing as possible to the widest range of buyers. Buyers want to see themselves living in these rooms and are always thinking, “Are these closets big enough for me?” They can’t visualize all that if your rooms and closets are cluttered with furniture and belongings.
- Give your house curb appeal. Trim the trees and shrubs, pull the weeds, and keep your lawn nicely mowed and edged. Put down some fresh mulch in the flowerbeds and plant some seasonal flowers.
- Stage your house. Inside your house, remove any and all excess furniture and fixtures. Put away family photos and nick-knacks. Pack and store all the extra stuff you keep in closets. And scrub the house from top to bottom, including the windows. Add a fresh, neutral color coat of paint to walls – think beige or gray. You want to make your house seem as big and bright as possible, so keep blinds and shades open.
- Real estate agents want you to fix up everything and they can take a long time.
- If you really want the process to be done quickly. Better Place Florida can buy your house in as-is condition, and there was no stress on your end.
- Did your agent create a plan to sell your home and review it with you, step-by-step? Marketing is crucial because if no one knows your property is for sale, you are not going to get any purchase offers. These days, effective marketing includes both online and offline tactics.
- A common complaint among home sellers is their agent wasn’t good at communicating with them. Working with an agent who can share feedback received from buyers who’ve viewed your home is important. You need to be able to make adjustments and improve the showing experience for the next prospective buyer.
It Most Often Comes Down to the PRICE
- Any house will sell when the price is right – even if the place is full of junk and falling apart. Sure, it may not sell for the price you want, but there is usually a buyer for every property, given that it’s priced appropriately. That’s why it is critical to understand the housing market in your area. If you don’t, you have a house that sits on the market indefinitely.
- Real estate professionals will do a comparative market analysis (CMA) and create ‘Comps’ on your property.
- This data is drawn from the MLS (multiple listing system), public records and other sources. They search for similar recent sales (by square footage, bedrooms, bathrooms, lot size and features) in your area. Usually this analysis gives you an accurate price range of what to expect you can get for your home.
- It was your agent’s job to help you set a list price that would attract the right buyers, get your home in optimal showing condition, and evaluate the market to put you in a better negotiating position.
- If you start out with too high a price, then you may have to keep reducing it. This might cause the buyers to question why. A confuse mind says ‘no’. Especially when there are so many homes to choose from.
If you’re frustrated because your house listing expired and you want to sell your house fast, we can help you figure out your next move.
Better Place Florida can close quickly or on your time line.
Call us today 813-405-0000
We work with homeowners in a variety situations. Let us help you get to your better place.